Montag, 30. November 2015

Review: Simon VS. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli





Simon VS. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
Series: Standalone
Released: April 7th, 2015
Pages: 303 (Paperback)
Source: Purchased
Rating: 5 / 5

Link: Goodreads








Sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier prefers to save his drama for the school musical. But when an email falls into the wrong hands, his secret is at risk of being thrust into the spotlight. Now Simon is actually being blackmailed: if he doesn’t play wingman for class clown Martin, his sexual identity will become everyone’s business. Worse, the privacy of Blue, the pen name of the boy he’s been emailing, will be compromised.

With some messy dynamics emerging in his once tight-knit group of friends, and his email correspondence with Blue growing more flirtatious every day, Simon’s junior year has suddenly gotten all kinds of complicated. Now, change-averse Simon has to find a way to step out of his comfort zone before he’s pushed out—without alienating his friends, compromising himself, or fumbling a shot at happiness with the most confusing, adorable guy he’s never met.



This book is one of my favorite contemporary books since I read it this year. I loved all of the characters and how Becky Albertalli made me care for them so quickly.
Not only is Simon the funniest and most adorable kid in town, his entire family and friends made me laugh out loud so much. This book makes you wanting to be friends with all of them so you can please hang out with them.

This book is such a witty quick read which deals with LGBTQ aspects in such a unique and modern way. I definitely recommend this book to everyone who has already enjoyed books from Rainbow Rowell or Morgan Matson. Please give this one a try if you haven't already!
The whole reading experience is enhanced due to the printed email exchange between Simon and Blue. I just wish we would get more!
I didn't expect Blue to be who he really turns out to be at all, which is pretty amazing for me, since I pick up such things very easily most of the time. I loved this book even more for that. The big 'Meet Up' scene takes place during the middle of this book, and I liked that a lot, because it showed us what Simon and Blue have to deal with now they are openly a couple.
This book is honestly such a great standalone, even if I wished secretly for a sequel, not caring at all if it may ruin the integrity of the story. I just want to read more about everybody! 
This book was a clear 5 out of 5 star rating for me. I think everyone should read this. Now is the perfect time to enjoy it with a coup of tea and some Oreas ;) -hint- since, at least in my part of the world, it is super cold outside and there is nothing better than to cuddle up on the couch under a blanket on the weekend with a good book. You will finish it in no time, because I know I didn't want to put this book down while I read it.

If you want more contemporary recommendations, check out my latest video :)


See you soon,
Katharina

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen