Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2015

NANOWRIMO 2015 Update #3 - The End

Hi lovely internet people!

Monday the 30th of November was the last day of National Novel Writing Month 2015.
My total word count for this month is 25.150.
So I didn't win Nanowrimo this year but at least I made it through the half way, which I am totally fine with. Like I said before, 50.000 words are a lot and this is more than I have written in a long time. I still like my steampunkesque novel idea and I will keep writing it until I have a final first draft. I do believe that this has the potential to be a great story, or at least I would like to read the finished project ;).

To be honest I stopped with my original story at 21.677 words and focused last week on a more christmasy project. With Christmas being my favorite time of the year I couldn't get the idea for a sweet romcom shortstory out of my head. So I thought why not scribble it down, and because it still was November and I was writing on a story I just counted the rest I wrote to my total word count.
You can find my video wrap up of Nanowrimo on Youtube or down below:




I would say Nanowrimo still was a success for me, because it made me realize even more what I wanted and reminded me that sometimes you just have to sit down and do it.
My intention for the next weeks, months and so on to come, besides the obvious keep writing my novel part, is to write at least something everyday.
A couple of months ago I came across this book - The Five Minute Writer by Margret Geraghty, and I love her exercises, because they can help you while you are working on a project or just keep you in the hang of writing. You don't have to follow an order and just can choose whatever exercise flows your boat that day. I can only recommend this book to every aspiring author or someone who loves to write. I have it as Paperback and on my iPad so this must mean something! ;)

   




  Buy Me*







This Wraps Up Nanowrimo 2015. For all of you who are not so interested in writing this means more book content to come - yeah! :D

I will be posting again very soon.
Take care and until next time,
Katharina


* I am a book depository affiliate, so if you buy books with free shipping worldwide by using this link http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=thelifeofkatha I will get a small commission and you are helping creating new content :). Disclaimer: I, myself, shop most of my books on bookdepository ;).

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen