Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2015

Top 5 Books I Read This Fall

Hi guys!

After the example of Regan from PersueProject over on Youtube I wanted to start this seasonal series of 'Top 5 Books I Read'.
So I am scrolling through my Goodreads and telling you which books I read in September, October and November, what rating I gave them and my Top 5 picks with a little synopsis. As this series progresses you will find more summaries and reviews in my monthly wrap ups :).


In September I read:

- The Assasin's Curse (#1) by Cassandra Rose Clarke -> 4/5 stars
- The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson #5) by Rick Riordan -> 5/5 stars
- Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas -> 5/5 stars
- The Wrath and the Dawn (#1) by Renee Ahdieh -> 4/5 stars

In October I read:

- The Pirate's Wish (The Assasin's Curse #2) by Cassandra Rose Clarke -> 3/5 stars
- The Invisible Library (#1) by Genevieve Cogman -> 4.5/5 stars
- Die Patin (Mütter Mafia #2) by Kerstin Gier -> 4/5 stars
- Gotham Academy Vol.1 by Becky Cloonan -> 4/5 stars
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (#1) by Ransom Riggs -> 3/5 stars

In November I read:

- Talon (#1) by Julie Kagawa -> 3.5/5 stars
- The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase #1) by Rick Riordan -> 4.5/5 stars
- Saga Vol. 5 by Biran K Vaughan -> 4/5 stars
- Rain (Ink #2) by Amanda Sun -> 5/5 stars


Top 5 I Read this Fall:

1. The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson #5) by Rick Riordan

I listened to the entire Percy Jackson Saga on Audible and wished I read it sooner. I loved how this series ended as we follow Percy and his friends into the final battle against Kronos. Rick Riordan never disappoints with his quick, funny, action packed storytelling. How could I go so long without Percy in my life!?

2. Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas

What a book!? While reading this I was constantly screaming at my book - What? OMG! Noooo! - you get the idea. Sarah J. Maas takes this series to a whole other level, as we move deeper into the fantasy world. She surprised me with plot twists I never saw coming and new friendships that will hopefully last forever. SPOILER ALERT! I just hope this whole Dorian and Manon thing is not going to be what I think....Dorian and Aelin need to happen! That's my ship, and I am still sticking to it.

3. The Invisible Library (#1) by Genevieve Cogman

This book was such a great start to a new fun and intriguing series. We follow Irene a book hunter who travels between alternating universes to gather rare copies of books for the invisible library.
Apart from being a very cool and unique story idea, the writing style was absolutely addictive. I didn't want to put this book down, and I can't wait for the next book which I hopefully will get for Christmas *fingers crossed*.

4. The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase #1) by Rick Riordan

This was just the perfect start for Rick Riordan's new Trilogy about Norse Mythology. I already mentioned that I love his writing style and adding norse gods to it was just a auto-by for me. We follow Magnus who is funny geek who lands in Valhalla after a fight against a fire giant for the sword of summer. Which he by then not knew was his birthright to wield it and would trigger a chain of events. Again, funny, action packed, quick read, and I can not wait for the next book!

5. Rain by Amanda Sun

This series again is just amazing. It is so unique set in Japan and dealing with Kami gods who are responsible for some peoples drawings to come to live. But that isn't as cool as it sounds, as it also leads to a lot of danger. These books get very intense as this series progresses and also want you to learn more about the japanese culture, which is so well described in these books. I flew through this series and keep recommending it because I think more people should read it :).

If you want to check out some of the books I mentioned feel free to use this link http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=thelifeofkatha where you can get all of these books a little cheaper and with free delivery world wide.
This is a referral link, so I will get a small commission if you really decide to buy anything from there.

Thanks so much for reading my post and I will be back with another one real sonn,

Katharina


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen