Samstag, 26. März 2016

Review: Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout





Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Series: The Dark Elements (#2)
Released: October 21st, 2014
Pages: 464
Source: Purchased / Audiobook
Rating: 4 / 5







Layla Shaw is trying to pick up the pieces of her shattered life—no easy task for a seventeen-year-old who’s pretty sure things can’t get worse. Her impossibly gorgeous best friend, Zayne, is forever off-limits thanks to the mysterious powers of her soul-stealing kiss. The Warden clan that has always protected her is suddenly keeping dangerous secrets. And she can barely think about Roth, the wickedly hot demon prince who understood her in ways no one else could.
But sometimes rock bottom is only the beginning. Because suddenly Layla’s powers begin to evolve, and she’s offered a tantalizing taste of what has always been forbidden. Then, when she least expects it, Roth returns, bringing news that could change her world forever. She’s finally getting what she always wanted, but with hell literally breaking loose and the body count adding up, the price may be higher than Layla is willing to pay…



I jumped right into the second book of the 'Dark Elements' series. I was so curious how things were about to progress, and in spite of everything I was still ruling for Roth.
If you liked the first book, I am pretty sure you will also like the second one. The love story takes another turn and we see a lot more from Zayne aka Stoney who reminded me a lot of a character written for 'Supernatural' fanfiction. Obviously I am team Roth, but even if I wouldn't be, I just couldn't deal with Zayne, who drives an Impala and calls it Baby - just no - sorry - only Dean Winchester is allowed to do so, sorry Stoney fans ;).
The other Supernatural hints mentioned throughout the book though really made me laugh. It was a funny twist on the story. The whole demon vs. gargyoles plot read to me more like a subplot, but thats ok, because I knew from the first book I just wanted the lovestory. If you always remember that you will have a great time and devour the book like I did, because damn it's getting hot in here!
I finished the complete trilogy in a couple of days - my review for the final book is coming soon, I will try to keep it spoiler free but I can't promise guys.

Have you read the dark elements series yet? What are your thoughts? If you are a Supernatural fan too, what were your thoughts on the Impala? Leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you :)!

Until then, happy reading, and if you want join me on Goodreads or other social media to be up to date with my reading!

check out my Goodreads profile


An alle meine lieben Leute die lieber auf Deutsch lesen, keine Panik auch das 2. Buch ist bereits auf Deutsch erschienen ;). Klickt einfach wieder den Link an 'Eiskalte Sehnsucht - Dark Elements 2' und lest euch die deutsche Inhaltsangabe auf Goodreads durch.
Das zweite Buch schließt nahtlos an das erste an und wieder dreht sich hauptsächlich alles um Layla's Liebesleben. Für alle 'Supernatural' Fans gibt es einiges zum lachen in diesem Teil. Die Charaktere sind wieder super geschrieben, also wenn euch das erste Buch gefallen hat, schnappt euch gleich das Zweite ;).

Habt ihr das Buch vielleicht sogar schon fertig? Dann hinterlasst mir doch ein Kommentar und teilt mir eure Meinung mit? Hat euch Zayne auch so wahnsinnig gemacht und seit ihr Team Roth, oder ist es bei euch genau umgekehrt?

Ihr könnt mich auch gerne auf Goodreads adden, um immer am neuesten Stand meines Lesefortschritts zu sein und kurze Reviews gleich zu sehen. Bis dahin, frohes Lesen :)!

zu meinem Goodreads Profil

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen